CheckMate is a cross-platform application that allows you to perform various quality checks on bilingual translated documents.
Some of the verifications performed are:
- Repeated words
- Corrupted characters
- Patterns in the source text that should correspond to a given pattern in the translation.
- Inline codes differences.
- Translation suspiciously longer or shorter than the source.
- Missing translation.
- Leading and trailing spaces.
- And more...
You can disable warnings that happen to be incorrect, so the next time you re-run the verification those "false warnings" are not listed again. You can also save your session and come back to it later.
In addition to the interactive list of warnings, the tool can generate complete reports of the issues found.
CheckMate allows you to integrate directly the verifications performed by the open-source LanguageTool checker, which offers a wide range of simple and complex checks for many languages.
CheckMate is available from the okapi-apps distribution:
- Stable release: http://bintray.com/okapi/Distribution/Okapi_Applications
- Development release (snapshot): http://okapiframework.org/snapshots