CheckMate - Usage
A typical session with CheckMate is often made of the following steps:
Selecting the types of checks to perform:
- Click the Configuration button in the main window.
Or: Select Edit Configuration in the Issues menu.
- Both commands open the Quality Check Configuration dialog where you can specify the checks to perform.
- Go through the different tab of the dialog box and set or unset the options as needed.
- Click OK.
Adding a document to the session:
- Drag and drop the document you want to add on to the main window of CheckMate.
Or: Select Add Document in the File menu, and select the document to open.
- Both actions will bring up the Add Document dialog. Enter the filter configuration corresponding to the document. For example:
okf_tmxfor TMX files,
okf_xlifffor XLIFF files,
okf_ttxfor TTX files, etc. Most of the time the default will be set for you. You can also click on the button near the field to open the Filter Configurations dialog and select the configuration from there.
- Enter the default encoding for the file. This encoding is used if the application does not have a way to auto-detect the encoding. You can ignore this parameter in all XML-based formats.
- Enter the code of the source locale, for example
en-usfor US English.
- Enter the code of the target locale to process, for example
Performing the checks:
- Simply click on the Check All button in the main window.