The XLIFF-2 Filter is an Okapi component that implements the IFilter interface for XLIFF 2.x (XML Localisation Interchange File Format) documents.
XLIFF v2 is an OASIS Standard that defines a file format for transporting translatable text and localization-related information across a chain of translation and localization tools.
The XLIFF 2.0 specification is at http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.0/xliff-core-v2.0.html.
Basic support for XLIFF 2.x core
- Extended Attributes and Namespaces
- Segments and Ignorables
- Inline Codes
- XLIFF 2.x Metadata Module
Perform maximum validation when parsing — Select this option to ensure the XLIFF-2 parser used by the filter does the maximum verification of the format.
Needs Segmentation — Select this option to resegment any unit that is marked with canSegment="yes".
- Skeleton not supported.
- Rainbow Tkit merge does not preserve original segmentation.
- Comments are lost in the merged document.
- Original XML formatting lost in merged document.
- Attributes can be reordered.
- Attributes may be removed/added compared to the original depending on the default values and logic in the XLIFF 2 Toolkit.